When family lawyers describe divorce laws, they include Tennessee statutes, court cases, and court rules pertaining to:
- Filing for divorce under Tennessee law;
- Establishing legal divorce grounds in Tennessee;
- Tennessee divorce waiting periods;
- Tennessee laws affecting pensions and retirement accounts;
- Obtaining a name change in Tennessee; and
- COBRA health care coverage after Tennessee divorce.
As attorneys, we have addressed each of these divorce laws here. Look to our website for detailed information about child custody, alimony, child support, division of property, mediation, and domestic violence in divorce.